Pages

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Baking - Cheese and Ham Muffins


When the mood strikes me I enjoy a good bake!


I saw this recipe and wanted to try it, whilst I still have time on my hands before Baby Bond arrives!

They are quick and easy to make and I already had all the ingredients in the cupboards, so they are cheap too. I think they would be great for a pic nic, or an afternoon tea. They taste yummy!

Ingredients:
280g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
100g sliced ham (finely chopped)
140g cheese (grated)
2 eggs
250ml milk
Pinch black pepper
6 tbsp oil

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 200c/gas 6
  • Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper
  • Stir in the ham and 100g of the grated cheese
  • Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then beat in the milk and oil
  • Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquids
  • Stir gently until just combined, do not over mix
  • Spoon the mixture into muffin cases, scatter with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes, until well risen, golden and firm to the touch
The cake stand was made for me by my dad. A plate and a matching bowl, turned upside down and glued to the plate! (Would make a great present)



No comments:

Post a Comment