Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

Bump Cast and Keepsake Lion

When I was 33 weeks pregnant I got together with my friends and they surprised me with a bump casting kit! We had loads of fun making the cast and I have now decorated it and have it on display in Harry's bedroom. 

I painted the cast the same colour as the feature wall in the bedroom and then did Paul's handprint, mine and Harry's, now his hand is a little easier to prise open! I then wrote on it; 'All because two people fell in love.' I'd seen this quote and the handprints done on a canvas but thought it would go perfectly on the cast. I then sealed it with a PVA/water solution.


In the photo bottom right the lion that the cast is next to is made from Harry's clothes. I found the lady who makes it on Facebook; Keepsake Cuddles. I love him and he is something for me and Harry to keep, rather than having his clothes sat in a box in the loft.







No comments:

Post a Comment