Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Week 22/23 - Hormotional

Lips - Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm, Striking
Cardigan - New Look
Top - Boutique store Falmouth, Cornwall
Maternity Jeans - H&M

So, this week I have been quite hormotional (hormonal and emotional!) In the early stages of pregnancy, when you are ‘meant to be’ emotional and hormonal I can’t say I really noticed a difference. I probably had the normal female mood swings, but nothing out of the ordinary. But it seems to have hit this week!

This could be put down to the fact I met my lovely little 3 week old niece last Sunday, who was born three weeks early and still weeny. I think this must have freaked me out a bit! When you’re pregnant there is a time limit, 9 months, then you’re done. But then comes the next bit! As I am now over the half-way mark I’ve stopped counting up the weeks and now started counting down. It is all getting a bit more real, that in 17 week’s time, I will have a little Baby Bond to look after.

The fact my niece was born early, I think, has added to my hormotional-ness. I am very organised and have most things I need for the first week or so. It’s my way of not freaking out and preparing by doing things early and getting it ticked off my list – I do love a list! But I then started to worry that if my baby arrives early I am still not quite prepared and now is too early for baby to be here anyway…

But after talking to my husband, who is a great support and calms me down when I worry, and my mum, I know I do not need to panic. If I don’t have enough of something in those first few days, someone will fetch what I need! All will be fine, plenty have been there before me and there are plenty more to come.

Due to my slight ‘I am not prepared’ panic I made a trip to Boots this week for some more paraphernalia to tick off my list; maternity pads, breast pads, all the glamorous stuff! Whilst there I decided to treat myself. I love the Revlon Colour Blast Lip Stain; I currently have ‘Lovesick’, but I wanted a bright red one. After some tips from @CymruEm and a look around I decided to go for Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm in Striking. This isn’t a stain but more a coloured balm. Unlike the stain, the matte balm does not stay on after eating and drinking. You just need to re-apply more than a stain, but I prefer this to the feel of lipstick. I would recommend both the stain and the matte balms. Just got to find your colour.




My mum and nan this week had made a trip to Morrisons and saw these lovely blankets from Morrison’s Nutmeg range. They go really well with other bits I have already bought and as I have two one can be the wash and I still have the other to use!


Changing Mat - eBay
Blankets - Nutmeg @ Morrisons
Booties - Nutmeg @ Morrisons
Muslin - Sainsburys



Also this week I got some baby freebies from Emma’s Diary. I plan to post about baby clubs/freebies etc in the next week or so. I will then post photos of what comes in the packs.

I have my next midwife appointment next week. I think I will be starting to discuss where and how I would like the birth to go. The countdown is definitely on now!

Thanks for reading. Have a good week.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment