Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Midweek Beauty Spot

Boots/Superdrug Haul



I needed to re-stock on some of my beauty products so did a 'big shop' and got some new bits to try at the same time!

Clockwise from left:

Prevalin: As you may know from previous blogs, I suffer from Hayfever. As a pregnant woman there isn't much you can take. This is pretty much it! It is a nasal spray, which I have only used in the past once and hated it! I have used it a few times now. It does seem to work quite quickly, it says 3 minutes. Yesterday I had already used it the three times in the day and was still suffering, however, pollen counts are high. As I can't use anything else I'll stick with it. Who knows how bad I would be if I didn't use it! It is quite pricey at £9.99, but beggars can't be choosers!

Max Factor Mastertouch Under Eye Concealer: I have used this product for a while and really like it. I have it in the palest shade and dap a bit on under the eyes and in the corners of my nose, before putting on foundation. It lasts quite a while and so at £7.99 is pretty reasonably priced.

Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Shampoo: I dye my hair (yes, you still can when you're pregnant) and so use this shampoo to try and help the colour stay its best for as long as possible. I just love the smell of the product, fresh and fruity and it doesn't weigh my hair down.

No7 Make-up Brush Cleaner: Having given my make-up brushes a deep clean last week (pretty much for the first time ever!) I'd like to try and clean them on a more regular basis. This cleaner can be used in-between deep cleans to reduce residue build up. It's really quick and easy to use and something I think I can easily fit into my regime. After giving my brushes a deep clean I have definitely noticed my skin looking clearer and less spots appearing. At £8 is isn't too badly priced and I think it will last me a while.

Garnier Pure Active Toner: This is another of my everyday products that I had run out of. I use it as part of my daily routine of cleanse, tone and moisturise. I love the fresh cucumber scent and feel refreshed after using it.

Mark Hill Defrizz-ilicious Glam Goddess! De-Frizz Shine Serum: This is a new product to me. I have quite thick hair, but after straightening can go quite flyaway. If I wear my hair curly (which is natural) it is a bit frizzy. So I wanted a product to tame the frizz and fly aways as well as adding a shine. I had been using John Frieda Shine Shock but this seems to have been discontinued, hence giving this product a go. I use it on dry hair, can be used on wet or dry, and it does what it says, de-firzzes and adds shine, I really like it and a £4.33 (offer price) you can't go wrong.

Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder: This is another of my eeryday products. Again I use the lightest shade. I get on with this product fine and so will continue to use it. I would like to use the Max Factor powder, as most of my other products are Max Factor, but I don't like the smell!

Superdrug Face Masks: Just for a pick-me-up when my skin is feeling rubbish!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment