Pages

Saturday 26 April 2014

Week 27/28 - Back to Work

Top - H&M
Maternity Leggings - H&M

I went back to work this week after a couple of weeks off for the Easter holiday. I was worried that I'd be feeling really tired and knackered after the first week back and, if that was the case, how was I going to manage another 8 weeks at work until maternity leave?

But, I feel surprisingly good! Yes, I've felt a little tired and been a bit worn out at work. But I am making sure I eat well and actually take my breaks. I am also making sure I take things a bit slower. I am so used to rushing around at work and at home that I have to make a conscious effort to slow down. This all seems to be helping me not be so tired.

Thursday was probably the worst day; I had been sat down quite a lot and then, when I stood up, I had a stitch like feeling. This lasted most of the afternoon and into the early evening. My bump was also feeling quite hard and tight. After a shower and putting on some looser clothes these feelings all eased and I have since felt much better.

Next week I have my next midwife appointment, where I will have a blood test and the other normal checks. I want to ask the midwife about my bump size, I know they use this measurement to gauge the size of the baby, but I just feel quite small. I know there is no set size the bump should be, if watching One Born has taught me anything it is that bumps come in all shapes and sizes, I just want my mind put at ease.

The next mailing from Aptaclub arrived today. I really like the packaging and the little gifts you get. This latest pack is all about taking time to relax before the birth and has guide to labour and the first 10 days. The idea is you 'Take time to soak it all in...Underneath you will find our guide to a new life. So run the bath, relax and soak it all in.' The gift is some Love Boo Mummy Splendidly Soothing Bath Soak. It smells lovely and I am looking forward to using it.






Tomorrow Paul and I are going to the Baby and Toddler Show at Glow, Bluewater. I don't really need anything else now, but will be on the look out for some freebies and anything I haven't thought about! I will blog about this next week.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend.

Amy x





No comments:

Post a Comment